A few symptoms:
1. Unbeknownst to them, their brands are being discussed on twitter, blogs, Facebook, YouTube and other hangouts.
2. Many don’t realize that their brands are losing the PR wars in social media space.
3. They are too busy obsessing over formulating corporate guidelines and policies instead of testing and embracing social media and going on the offensive.
4. Most of them are unaware that search engines reward socially active brands, which generate fresh content.
5. As a result, many of them are missing opportunities to surround and engage their target audiences with keyword driven social media tactics.
Opportunities missed include:
1. customer service
2. brand building