1. the needs of the patient (customer) come first.
2. Teamwork isn’t optional; it powers integrated multi-specialty excellence.
3. Deliver care with time-condensed efficiency.
4. All touchpoints, systems, and processes are aligned with the first three values.
5. Build leadership bench strength.
6. Hire for values first – and then talent.
7. Create a superior experience for patients.
8. Services are performances. Orchestrate them well.
9. A strong brand is a safe place for customers.
10. Mission-over-profit is the higher purpose.
Interestingly, Mayo Clinic paradigm applies to services industries such as airlines (Southwest comes to mind), and banks (Umpqua Bank comes to mind), Higher Education (Elon University comes to mind) and others. I wish I was bumping into many brands in my business journey that operated with the Mayo Clinic blueprint; sadly, that’s just not the case.