Making a business case for investing in a comprehensive marketing campaign to skeptical, ROI-minded, quant-driven, C-level marketers in manufacturing and industrial companies goes far beyond making an intuitive case. For quantitatively inclined senior team members, here are five key ROI metrics that we have used to justify their investment in manufacturing marketing:
1. Increased Brand Awareness: We track and create a trend line of number of times the brand name surfaces and is clicked on search engine results pages using Google search console data. Our SEO/Inbound clients should expect this to grow upwards year-over-year. The non-branded to branded organic traffic ratio should rise over time. For most of our clients this ratio begins around 20/80 or 30/70 and rises all the way up to 60/40 or 70/30. Occasionally, it rises up to 80/20 and 90/10. We’ll monitor organic search volume over time by measuring the organic traffic as a percentage of overall website traffic trended over time. We expect this to grow upward year-over-year for all our clients.
2. Reduced Time to Sale: Great marketing surrounds and engages the prospective buyers at every stage of the decision funnel. It accelerates sales by building brand awareness and early brand preference during the education/awareness stage, reinforcing the brand during the consideration stage, and providing brand reassurance during the decisioning phase. As a result of these efforts, our marketing clients can expect to reduce their sales cycles.
3. Growth in Inquiries, RFQ’s, Downloads and Webinar Signups: Our industrial marketing clients have always enjoyed quantifiable increase in inquiries and RFQs. Our website clients whom we have re-packaged as solutions providers have seen the thickness of their RFQ’s increase in size. Our manufacturing marketing clients can also expect to see an increase in PDF downloads and event signups.
4. Increased Revenue: Great marketing increases sales. It has created order backlogs for our industrial clients, whether they are an e-commerce client or RFQ-based. For the clients we’ve packaged as solutions providers, they have all enjoyed growth in their average order size.
5. Increased Keyword Rankings: For our clients whose campaigns include SEO/Inbound efforts, we upload our Keyword Guide and all the keywords we are optimizing to secure Google page one rankings into our Keyword Tracking tool. We monitor this weekly to measure the average rankings, weekly gains and losses. These invariably grow dramatically for all of them.
Great marketing transforms a manufacturer, liberating new prosperity and realizing destiny. The lowest ROI we have delivered is 5X, and the highest a whopping 100X.
Contact us if you are seeking a smart manufacturing marketing agency which can help you join the elite group of manufacturers and industrial companies growing their company’s share of mind, voice and market using our services.