Perhaps this is already old news, but I see sign all around us that we have now entered the age of visual thinking. Here are a few signs:
- Infographics are everywhere now
- Target, with its focus on affordable yet well designed objects, keeps expanding
- Cultural institutions such as museums, botanical gardens, aquariums are now all creating visual experiences
- Architects are the new rock stars
- New books on visual thinking keep getting published every few months
- Designed experiences in upscale foods, coffees, clothing, shopping, computers, cars and other home gadgets are commonplace
Design and visual thinking are being democratized. Mass class is now truly here. Design is the new cool now.