With greater focus on social media as a marketing channel, many companies are using it to reach their audiences. But what are the real benefits of using social media for your brand? Here’s a few that come to mind:
- Amplified brand awareness: The sharing mechanism on most social media channels becomes the vehicle, which transports your content and brand name in front of an expanded audience.
- Higher visibility for your content repository: If only one piece of content gets shared, that can bring visibility to older content pieces, which may be valuable but is in need of marketing visibility. As a result, one piece of content can introduce your audience to other great works that you have.
- Engaged customer base – Social media is one marketing medium that goes to the roots of marketing: word of mouth. For brands, this can be a way to reach the right audience who, as a result, become brand ambassadors by liking/sharing your content and spreading the word for you.
- Better rankings in search engines: With changes in search engine algortihms, social signals also contribute to improved rankings for your content, thus resulting in higher visibility and higher traffic.
- Additional traffic to your website: Overall traffic increases result from the higher visibility of content. Generally, a direct increase in social traffic is noticeable but over time, that results in higher traffic from other sources like direct and search engine traffic.
- Improved sales and conversions: As a result of all the above, the bottom line is also affected resulting in more conversions and a higher number of sales over time.
To put this in perspective, a recent Marketing Industry Report by Social Media Examiner shows the percentage of marketers who saw some of these benefits. 90% of marketers stated that they increased exposure for their brand, 77% received higher traffic and 65% generated leads as a result of these efforts.
To get these benefits for your brand, learn more about how Elliance can help you with your social media marketing campaigns.